Sunday 21 February 2016

FIRST FLIGHT

Today 21-2-2016 history was made in my life. It might be nothing to so many people, but it was really a wonderful experience for me. In the past, I use to always get calls from friends and family, wanting me to come and pick them up from the airport. I was always happy going to the airport to pick them up; seeing all the classy people and the kinda things that go on around there. A week ago, i over heard my boss at work talking about a retreat that would be coming up in Enugu. I never paid too much attention, because I had no interest of visiting Enugu; even though I knew there are benefits attached to the retreat.  Low and behold, few days ago I was told that am to represent my boss at the retreat and my ticket and hotel reservation has been paid for. It all sounded unbelievable; but am here enjoying the classic luxury at Golden royale hotel. Let’s not talk about the fun, so I don’t get anyone jealous. I had a kinda bad experience flying; seems the pilot wasn’t that good at flying and landing, but we survived by God’s grace. Virtually everyone was complaining inside the flight, and a lady was throwing up. It was my first time and I really didn’t know much about flying, so I just held myself and pretended all was fine; though i was drowsy so many times. In all it has been a good experience and I look forward to flying more, and having a better experience of course. Well it’s going to be five days of retreat for me and I have a presentation to make, I think I would stop here and share more of the experience when am chanced. I have a lot to read. To all my readers that haven’t been on a plane, I wish you good luck. There is always that first time and yours is coming soon. #Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment